Have you been feeling like you have no more to give? No energy is left in your body and getting up in the morning feels more like a struggle than just shaking off sleepiness? Now you feel absolutely exhausted, beat-down and mentally depleted.
We all want a fulfilling life. We all want a career that we enjoy and we all want love. We make decisions in hopes that it will bring us closer to what we are desiring. However, we find ourselves running around the track in circles trying to go faster and faster each lap around. On top of that, we can often find others cheering us on not to stop. Never stop or we will not reach the finish line. In the end, we subscribe to this lifestyle motivated by false energy and totally burnt out.
There is a glorification in the business world of being too busy to stop. There are deep roots in ideas of how to become successful and the way to do it is through hard work, blood, sweat and tears. But I ask, is there another way? Is it not possible to achieve success and all that you desire and not give up your peace? Is it also possible that finding time for you is a key to success?
Let’s look at some ways to get into the flow of life and allow greatness to circulate in your life rather than chase it:
- Finding space for joy. It is important to counter the hectic schedule with things that bring nothing but happiness. A bath, movie night out, new restaurant, learning something new like painting or creating a succulent garden. Additionally, make sure to maintain friendships.
- Creating time for you. There are great benefits to stepping away from the demands of life. It is time to get still. I have always pushed meditation even if that means sitting quietly for 5 minutes a day.
- Time off. You can not work every single day and expect that you will not crash at some point. For me, I take off Sunday. I schedule nothing and what I have planned is an activity that is fun. If I am tired, I do nothing but relax and feel good doing it. We must stop and rejuvenate
- Digital detox. Step away from the device at night. Don’t bring it into bed with you. The bed is a time to sleep.
- Allow, allow, allow. Let life move through you. Try not to desperately chase your desires, but rather shift your thinking to a place of allowing and receiving. Don’t hold onto dreams too tightly. You might miss opportunity. I am not saying do not work. I am suggesting work in combination with flow is how life conspires to bring you your greatest fortune!